Saturday, October 2, 2010

so halloween is against my religion? what's next? agh. i totally get it has bad roots, but its such a highly publicized and highly talked about day, and you want your kids to not dress up and go trick or treating? your not going to give kids in the neighborhood candy? seriously? i grew up going to sunday school, knowing about christian faith, and now they tell me its wrong and evil and we can't have anything to do with it? not that its a huge problem, but i always dressed up, i always went and got candy, and now your telling me i'm a bad person for doing it? really? ugh.

so, i had a bagel and a bowl of mac and cheese today. that'll prob be everything. weigh down soon? maybe? i need to lose weight.

and i want to get involved in church more. i want to expand the food pantry, there has to be such a need for it in this area. i want people to know it's there if they need it. i want to expand the kids gift giving at xmas time, and donate to families in need. oh. gifts are prob against the religion, i'll check on that next.

don't get me wrong, i love God. and He is wonderful and amazing and is alwaysssss there for me. He answers my prayers and i believe in Him.

but abortion? gay marriages? Halloween? some of these more 'social' things, i know God is working on me. but i really can't see the point to some of this. people go to far sometimes. bleck. how am i supposed to raise my kids as good christian children when i'm going to have other mothers of the church telling me i'm doing evil bc we go trick or treating. really? harvest parties aren't a bad idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment